DO YOU HAVE A RABBIT PROBLEM AT YOUR PROPERTY?
Leschenault Biosecurity Group (LBG) can assist landholders within our operational area with integrated management of rabbits with a variety of tools, so have a chat with us to see what is best for you and your property.
REGISTER FOR THE UPCOMING LBG 2020/2021 K5 RELEASE RABBIT CONTROL PROGRAM.
LBG will facilitate a Calicivirus RHDV1-K5 (K5) Release Program in our operational area commencing mid-January 2021. There is still time to register your expression of interest to participate in this program by completing the form below.
If YOU have already registered to participate in the LBG K5 Release Rabbit Control Program:
- Delays in receiving the vials of the K5 virus from over east pushed back the release commencement to January-February 2021.
- It’s time to start doing some pre-feeding and investigating into the best sites for release on your property.
- We will be contacting those who registered interest in this program from mid-January for specific arrangements.
The K5 VIRUS ONLY AFFECTS RABBITS. It is 100% safe to pets and wildlife.
- If rabbits are causing damage to your property, register with us ASAP to be involved.
- Please tell your neighbours – This virus is most effective when released at multiple sites, so chat to your neighbours and get them involved.
- An effective vaccination to protect pet rabbits against this virus is available from veterinarians. Veterinarians in our area were notified in 2020 of this planned program enable them to advise owners of pet rabbits.
Link up with neighbours to organise a coordinated release and increase the success of the release across the community.
QUESTIONS OR WISH TO DISCUSS?
If you have questions or wish to discuss, please e-mail us at: email@example.com or ring us on 0488 007 938.